Monday, August 14, 2006

 

WNBA 11th, 12th and 13th indications recast

After getting that cup of coffee at Jim Cullum's Landing on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, returning to watch my taping of the Conn-Detroit Wide World of Sports battle, and reviewing all the WNBA happenings during my mini-vacation, I can make my final recast of the '06 regular season.

11th scores

Indiana at Connecticut: indications off: Indiana was motivated to gain, if at all possible, the advantages of the number 2 playoff spot, and Conn was looking more to renewing itself for the playoffs.

Detroit at Washington: indications off: Washington shocked, playing for consistency.

Charlotte at New York: indications on: Ticketmaster and I are not on good terms, because I had to interrupt my viewing of the webcast to work with them on getting me my ticket for the Pho-SA game. When finally assured that the ticket had been emailed, I returned to the webcast only to hear the announcers say "It's nice to see Allison Feaster returning to form. That's her third make for the night." Comment reserved. Fortunately, the webcast has been archived, and it's one of those I'll be reviewing often as long as it is available.

12th scores

Seattle at Houston: indications on: Seattle knows Houston can play rough, and they weren't risking injury. Ironically, even though Houston was the final team to clinch, they already owned the tie-breaker with Seattle, thrusting Houston into the third playoff position and against Sacramento in the first round, not their preferred placement.

Chicago at Charlotte: indications on. It says a lot for the maturity of the league that an expansion team starts at the bottom for a while.

Phoenix at San Antonio: indications on: by the time I arrived in SA from the Houston game, Phoenix was well aware that Houston had finally clinched, and that there would be no post-season this year for them as with SA. Still, the crowd, I thought, appreciated the game played. And Ticketmaster redeemed itself with the seat actually selected: I sat right next to injured Sandora Irvin on the Phoenix bench (actually, there was a small walk space between us, but I'm telling this!)

13th score

Washington at New York: indications off: hey, I couldn'a said it better: Liberty end year red-hot as playoff-bound Mystics chill.

Connecticut at Detroit: indications off: Detroit had something to play for- the second seed in the Eastern conference playoffs, which they earned-, Conn had nothing.

Chicago at Indiana: indications off: the Sky ended on a win. The webcast is archived, so I'll check it out later.

Sacramento at Phoenix: indications on: Phoenix knows its capabilities now. The only question is getting . . . the players . . . to retain that understanding and grow it during the offseason.

Minnesota at Los Angeles: indications on: Minnesota has the talent: who can cause it to be realized in the game is quite intriguing. Don't want to say anything good about LA, just . . ..


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?